The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) hereby states that it has successfully installed and energized a new 150MVA 330/132/33kV Interbus Transformer (IBTR) at Delta IV Transmission Substation, Ughelli, Delta State at about 13:09Hrs on Sunday 16th October, 2022 and loaded at 15:19Hrs on Monday, 17th October 2022.
TCN said the commissioning into service of the new 150MVA power transformer has restored the capacity of the substation by 132MW.
Consequently, TCN said it has been able to evacuate/wheel more power for Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) to offtake from the sub-station for onward delivery to electricity consumers in Ughelli, Warri, and its environs.
- Emefiele meets Tinubu at Aso Rock
- Oil marketers endorse fuel subsidy removal, pledge minimal adjustments
- Firm unveils 20KG composite cooking gas cylinders to Nigerian Market
- Allegation of illegal sale of 48m barrels of crude false, Malami insists
- Cables Manufacturers Score SON high as Nigeria’s Ease of Doing Business Index Climbs
“The installation of the new 150MVA Interbus Transformer has restored flexibility to the substation by enabling TCN to evacuate power from Transcorp Power Limited at both at 330kV and 132kV voltage levels. This means an increase in bulk power transmitted through the substation and improved grid stability”, it stated.
“TCN assures Nigerians of her avowed commitment to enhancing bulk power delivery and grid reliability and pledges that it would continue to execute projects geared towards entrenching a robust transmission grid as catalogued in its Nigerian Electricity Grid Maintenance Expansion and Rehabilitation Programme (NEGMERP)”, it stated