The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has energized the brand new 2X60MVA, 132/33kV Gas Insulated Sub-station (GIS) at Gwarinpa, Abuja.
According to a statement, the 132kV transmission sub-station is one of the five sub-station projects comprising the Abuja Ring Projects, funded by Agence Francais de Developpment (AFD).
The substation which has six feeders through which bulk electricity is transmitted to Abuja Electricity Distribution Company’s (AEDCs) load centers, receives bulk supply from the Katampe 132kV Transmission line.
- Emefiele meets Tinubu at Aso Rock
- Oil marketers endorse fuel subsidy removal, pledge minimal adjustments
- Firm unveils 20KG composite cooking gas cylinders to Nigerian Market
- Allegation of illegal sale of 48m barrels of crude false, Malami insists
- Cables Manufacturers Score SON high as Nigeria’s Ease of Doing Business Index Climbs
With the connection of the substation to the transmission network, TCN has added over 98 megawatts to the national grid.
The other four sub-station projects are at various stages of completion. Two would soon be energized while the other two are ongoing. Significantly on completion of the entire project, the FCT and environs would have adequate power supply for the next 50years.
The Abuja Ring Project is one of the several projects being executed by TCN to further expand the transmission grid.
“TCN would not rest on it oars but would continue to work towards further expanding the nations grid, to put in place a very robust transmission network that would continue to efficiently transmit bulk electricity to distribution load centers nationwide”, it stated.