The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has energized the brand new 2X60MVA, 132/33kV Gas Insulated Sub-station (GIS) at Gwarinpa, Abuja.
According to a statement, the 132kV transmission sub-station is one of the five sub-station projects comprising the Abuja Ring Projects, funded by Agence Francais de Developpment (AFD).
The substation which has six feeders through which bulk electricity is transmitted to Abuja Electricity Distribution Company’s (AEDCs) load centers, receives bulk supply from the Katampe 132kV Transmission line.
- Transcorp Power adds 138MW to national grid, commissions rehabilitated GT Unit 20
- Fuel scarcity: Oil workers threaten action, want fuel available at approved price
- Friesland Campina reconnects to Ikeja Electric after 22 years
- Egbin Power, Sahara Foundation upgrade Ijede Police station
- UBA Appoints Abiola Bawuah As First Female CEO For Africa Operations
With the connection of the substation to the transmission network, TCN has added over 98 megawatts to the national grid.
The other four sub-station projects are at various stages of completion. Two would soon be energized while the other two are ongoing. Significantly on completion of the entire project, the FCT and environs would have adequate power supply for the next 50years.
The Abuja Ring Project is one of the several projects being executed by TCN to further expand the transmission grid.
“TCN would not rest on it oars but would continue to work towards further expanding the nations grid, to put in place a very robust transmission network that would continue to efficiently transmit bulk electricity to distribution load centers nationwide”, it stated.